Breco timing belt with curved teeth made of Desmopan
Breco Antriebstechnik Breher GmbH & Co, Porta Westfalia
The Breco company has developed and patented a timing belt with curved teeth made from Desmopan® 790, the abrasion resistant material that has been used for many years in other types of cogged belt.
With its gradually tapering curved teeth, the belt generates an exceptionally low level of noise.
When tested alongside conventional timing belts with straight tooth profiles, the Breco belt brought about a 6 dB reduction in noise.
Other special features of this curved-tooth belt are:
- low vibration thanks to reduced polygon effect
- self-guiding, so a guide disk is unnecessary
- power transmission over the entire width of the belt
- no change in length thanks to reinforcement with high-strength steel cord
- resistance to temperatures ranging from -30 °C to +80 °C
- good hydrolysis resistance
- high ageing resistance even when exposed to ozone and sunlight
- highly resistant to petrol, grease and oil.
Curved tooth belts are particularly suitable for use in situations where the design prevents flanged pulleys from being employed.
Product: Desmopan 790